CALL FOR A CONSULTATION 571-349-8028 571-349-8028

Adjustment Of Status

Washington, D.C. Green Card Attorney

Adjustment of status is about getting a green card. The process is available to foreign nationals in the U.S. who wish to switch their status to lawful permanent residency. It is the process of converting from nonimmigrant status to immigrant status, with the objective of obtaining a green card.

Adjustment Of Status Lawyer For Maryland And Virginia

With a few exceptions, petitions for adjustment of status are filed while the applicant is legally in the U.S. Exceptions can be made, including an exception for battered family members.

Another process exists for aliens outside the U.S. and those ineligible for adjustment of status. This is the process of consular processing.

Do You Need to Change Immigration Status?

Eligibility for adjustment of status is determined by your basis for immigration — i.e., whether it is based on family, employment or humanitarian reasons. There are also special adjustment of status exceptions, which we at Bhagat & Associates will be happy to discuss with you.

Bhagat & Associates has been serving the immigrant community of Washington, D.C., and the entire United States for more than 20 years. Our firm’s reputation is for straightforward service addressing a host of immigration problems.

In addition to assisting with green cards and visas, we protect the rights of immigrants accused of crimes and subject to deportation.

Adjustment of status is not a simple topic, and every story is unique. For more information about adjustment of status or about Bhagat & Associates, contact immigration attorney Raj K. Bhagat at our offices, located just a short walk from the Washington Monument. We look forward to your call.

Green card issues? Consult the experienced Washington, D.C. green card lawyer at Bhagat & Associates at 703-574-2815.