CALL FOR A CONSULTATION 571-349-8028 571-349-8028

F1-M1 (Student Visas)

Washington, D.C. Student Visa Attorney

The F1 visa is for nonimmigrants who wish to study here. First-time student visa applicants are usually asked to appear in person for an interview. This interview is required for visa applicants age 14 through 79. Scheduling is tricky because every embassy and consulate has different interview policies and procedures.

The busiest months are just before the school year starts, so applicants are urged to make an interview appointment early, to avoid delays and packed schedules.

Applicants should know that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials retain the authority to admit or deny admission to the United States.

The Secrets To Studying Abroad Successfully

Student visas can only be granted to the alien who has a residence in a foreign country and has no intention of abandoning the same. He or she must be a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study who is seeking to enter the United States temporarily and solely for the purpose of pursuing such course of study at an established college or university, academic high school, or the academic institution or in a language training school in the United States approved by ICE and in compliance with the SEVIS program. Prior to getting the F-1 Visa, the alien must obtain an I-20 form from the approved school.

An F-1 student dependent (a spouse and/or unmarried children under the age of 21) are granted F-2 status. An F-1 dependent may remain in the U.S. for the duration of the F-1 student valid status and may engage in any lawful activity other than employment. An M-1 visa is for vocational education, and its process is similar to the F-1 process. For an M-1 visa, the student’s dependent is granted an M-2 visa.

F1 And M1 Visa Lawyer For Northern Virginia And Maryland

At Bhagat & Associates, we are sympathetic to the problems students experience as they pursue study abroad, and we make assisting students a priority for our firm. We know the best ways through the bureaucracy and complexity of embassies and consuls, and we are happy to put our knowledge to work for you.

Some people can negotiate the complexity of immigration by themselves, but most benefit from the assistance of a skilled immigration attorney.

We have enjoyed considerable success in obtaining F1 and M1 visas, and we are confident we can help you, too.

Study visa issues? Consult an experienced Washington, D.C. student visa lawyer at Bhagat & Associates at 703-574-2815.