CALL FOR A CONSULTATION 571-349-8028 571-349-8028

Family-Based Visas (Immigrant and Non-Immigrant)

Fiancé Visa Lawyer

Spouses And Children Of Citizens And Permanent Residents Of The U.S.

At the Washington, D.C., immigration law firm of Bhagat & Associates, we understand how important family reunification is. If you are in the U.S. and needing to bring a family member from abroad, or if you are outside the U.S. and wish to bring your fiancé, fiancée, husband, wife or child to live with you legally in the U.S., Contact.

Languages spoken by the attorney and staff at Bhagat & Associates include:

Hindi • Urdu • Punjabi • Bengali • Spanish • Arabic

Fiancé visa lawyer Raj K. Bhagat regularly provides assistance to spouses and children (unmarried sons and daughters) of U.S. citizens and permanent residents to quickly, efficiently and legally meet U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service, or INS) visa, green card and citizenship application requirements.

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides family-based immigration to foreigners based on their relationship to a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, i.e., spouses, children, and parents can receive an immigrant visa without regard to any quota; whereas other visas are subject to quota limitations. There are four preferences in family-based visas:

  • First: unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • Second:
    A) Spouses and children of permanent residents
    B) Unmarried sons and daughters of permanent
  • Third: married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
  • Fourth: brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

Family visas issued based on marriage and parent-child relationships include:

  • F2 visas for spouses or children of academic students (F1 visa holders)
  • K1 visas for fiancés/fiancées of U.S. citizens
  • K2 visas for minor children of K1 visa holders (fiancés/fiancées of U.S. citizens)
  • K3 visas for spouses of U.S. citizens
  • K4 visas for the children of K3 visa holders (children of spouses of U.S. citizens)
  • L2 visas for spouses or children of L1 intracompany transferee visa holders (L1a executive or managerial employee visas; L1b visas for employees with specialized knowledge)
  • M2 visas for spouses or children of M1 visa holders (vocational students or other nonacademic students)
  • O3 visas for spouses or children of O1 or O2 visa holders (O1 extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics visas; O2 visas for those providing support to and accompanying O1 visa holders)
  • P4 visas for spouses or children of P1, P2 or P3 visa holders (artist/entertainer visas)
  • R2 visas for spouses or children of R1 visa holders (religious ministers or religious workers)
  • H4 visas for spouses or children of H1b visa holders (temporary workers)
  • E1 visas and E2 visas for the spouses or children of E1 and E2 visa holders (E1 treaty trader visas, E2 treaty investor visas)

If you are an adult U.S. citizen, I can also help you file a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for your:

  • mother/father/parents
  • siblings or step siblings

Immigration sponsors, former visitors and immigrants trust Bhagat & Associates. Clients appreciate the firm’s personalized, efficient immigration legal services. Languages spoken by the attorney and staff at Bhagat & Associates include Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Spanish and Arabic.

Contact an experienced District of Columbia immigration lawyer for family visa